Nacon Acquires WRC License
Business
27 May 2025 12:10
NACON has officially secured the licensing rights to develop and publish the next generation of World Rally Championship (WRC) video games, with a new deal spanning from 2027 to 2032. The announcement comes shortly after EA Sports revealed it is stepping away from rally game development, bringing an end to its short-lived WRC tenure that began in 2023.
The WRC confirmed the partnership in a public statement, noting NACON will not only lead the development of future WRC games but also oversee related esports competitions. This new chapter promises a comprehensive reboot of the franchise, introducing a fresh vision and aiming to redefine the rally gaming experience.
"As part of this strategic partnership, NACON will begin development of an all-new WRC game series, aiming to deliver an immersive experience that faithfully reflects the reality of the championship and meets the expectations of both rally enthusiasts and new players," the WRC stated.
The upcoming titles are expected to feature a full suite of official content, including real-world rallies, vehicles, teams, drivers, and sponsors. The franchise reboot is positioned as a significant evolution, moving beyond traditional rally gameplay to deliver what WRC describes as “epic adventures.”
More:Ubisoft Leaves X
Arne Dirks, Chief Marketing Officer of the FIA WRC, expressed confidence in NACON’s direction for the brand. “After a comprehensive evaluation, we are delighted to have reached an agreement with NACON,” he said. “Their vision for the franchise stands out, and their expertise in delivering great rally games is unquestioned. We look forward to breaking new ground together in this collaboration, to truly turn the WRC games into epic adventures and offer gaming experiences beyond rally as we know it today.”
This marks a return to familiar territory for NACON, which previously published several entries in the WRC series, including WRC 10 and WRC Generations. The company’s renewed involvement signals a fresh and ambitious chapter for the franchise as it moves toward the next console generation.
Related news
View AllAccording to rumors, Bungie is about to start another layoff round. It looks like Sony is winding down its proven...
Business
May 22, 2026
Embracer Group announced that the Fellowship Entertainment will be a separate public company. Embracer did this several times before, it's...
Business
May 21, 2026
Well, honestly 6 months ago this was unthinkable, but here we are. The Esports World Cup relocating to Paris, and...
Business
May 20, 2026
Hermen Hulst told staff at a Monday morning town hall that PlayStation's single-player games are going back to console-exclusive. Which...
Business
May 19, 2026
PlayStation Plus prices rise for new subscribers on May 20, 2026, less than a month [[News/Xbox Cuts Game Pass Prices...
Business
May 19, 2026
Business
27 May 2025 12:10
NACON has officially secured the licensing rights to develop and publish the next generation of World Rally Championship (WRC) video games, with a new deal spanning from 2027 to 2032. The announcement comes shortly after EA Sports revealed it is stepping away from rally game development, bringing an end to its short-lived WRC tenure that began in 2023.
The WRC confirmed the partnership in a public statement, noting NACON will not only lead the development of future WRC games but also oversee related esports competitions. This new chapter promises a comprehensive reboot of the franchise, introducing a fresh vision and aiming to redefine the rally gaming experience.
"As part of this strategic partnership, NACON will begin development of an all-new WRC game series, aiming to deliver an immersive experience that faithfully reflects the reality of the championship and meets the expectations of both rally enthusiasts and new players," the WRC stated.
The upcoming titles are expected to feature a full suite of official content, including real-world rallies, vehicles, teams, drivers, and sponsors. The franchise reboot is positioned as a significant evolution, moving beyond traditional rally gameplay to deliver what WRC describes as “epic adventures.”
More:Ubisoft Leaves X
Arne Dirks, Chief Marketing Officer of the FIA WRC, expressed confidence in NACON’s direction for the brand. “After a comprehensive evaluation, we are delighted to have reached an agreement with NACON,” he said. “Their vision for the franchise stands out, and their expertise in delivering great rally games is unquestioned. We look forward to breaking new ground together in this collaboration, to truly turn the WRC games into epic adventures and offer gaming experiences beyond rally as we know it today.”
This marks a return to familiar territory for NACON, which previously published several entries in the WRC series, including WRC 10 and WRC Generations. The company’s renewed involvement signals a fresh and ambitious chapter for the franchise as it moves toward the next console generation.
Related news
View AllAccording to rumors, Bungie is about to start another layoff round. It looks like Sony is winding down its proven...
Business
May 22, 2026
Embracer Group announced that the Fellowship Entertainment will be a separate public company. Embracer did this several times before, it's...
Business
May 21, 2026
Well, honestly 6 months ago this was unthinkable, but here we are. The Esports World Cup relocating to Paris, and...
Business
May 20, 2026
Hermen Hulst told staff at a Monday morning town hall that PlayStation's single-player games are going back to console-exclusive. Which...
Business
May 19, 2026
PlayStation Plus prices rise for new subscribers on May 20, 2026, less than a month [[News/Xbox Cuts Game Pass Prices...
Business
May 19, 2026