Rockstar Claims Fired Employees Were Leaking Information
Drama
06 November 2025 10:09
Rockstar Games is defending its decision to fire several employees last week, saying the move had nothing to do with union activity. The company claims the workers were dismissed for leaking secret information.
"We took action against a small number of individuals who were found to be distributing and discussing confidential information in a public forum, a violation of our company policies," a Rockstar spokesperson told Bloomberg. "This was in no way related to people’s right to join a union or engage in union activities."
However, the Independent Workers' Union of Great Britain (IWGB) disagrees. IWGB president Alex Marshall said Rockstar is “afraid of hard-working staff privately discussing exercising their rights for a fairer workplace and a collective voice.” He also claimed that “management are showing they don’t care about delays to Grand Theft Auto 6, and that they’re prioritizing union-busting by targeting the very people who make the game.”
Earlier this week, the IWGB accused Rockstar of “union busting” after the company reportedly fired between 30 and 40 employees on October 30. According to Bloomberg, many of those workers were either part of the union or trying to organize one.
"Rockstar has just carried out the most blatant and ruthless act of union busting in the history of the games industry," Marshall said on the union’s website. He added, "This flagrant contempt for the law and for the lives of the workers who bring in their billions is an insult to their fans and the global industry."
Marshall also stated that despite the layoffs, the Rockstar Union would “keep organising for respect and better conditions” while still working hard to make games loved by millions.
Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar’s parent company, also denied the union’s claims. It said the firings were “for gross misconduct, and no other reason,” adding that it “fully supports Rockstar’s ambitions and approach.”
Related news
View AllTL;DR
- Leslie Benzies denies allegations linked to the so-called “Epstein Files.”
- Former Rockstar North president says claims are false and...
Drama
Feb 04, 2026
TL;DR
- Leslie Benzies accused of assault by Epstein victim.
- Sam Houser mentioned as aware of situation.
- No direct Epstein ties...
Drama
Feb 02, 2026
Rockstar Games has stepped up to grant early access to Grand Theft Auto 6 for a devoted fan facing terminal...
Drama
Jan 20, 2026
Rockstar Games today introduced the Cfx Marketplace a dedicated online store where players and server operators can purchase mods for...
Business
Jan 14, 2026
Rockstar Games has confirmed the firing of 31 staff members for "gross misconduct," following allegations that they had "distributed and...
Drama
Dec 12, 2025
Drama
06 November 2025 10:09
Rockstar Games is defending its decision to fire several employees last week, saying the move had nothing to do with union activity. The company claims the workers were dismissed for leaking secret information.
"We took action against a small number of individuals who were found to be distributing and discussing confidential information in a public forum, a violation of our company policies," a Rockstar spokesperson told Bloomberg. "This was in no way related to people’s right to join a union or engage in union activities."
However, the Independent Workers' Union of Great Britain (IWGB) disagrees. IWGB president Alex Marshall said Rockstar is “afraid of hard-working staff privately discussing exercising their rights for a fairer workplace and a collective voice.” He also claimed that “management are showing they don’t care about delays to Grand Theft Auto 6, and that they’re prioritizing union-busting by targeting the very people who make the game.”
Earlier this week, the IWGB accused Rockstar of “union busting” after the company reportedly fired between 30 and 40 employees on October 30. According to Bloomberg, many of those workers were either part of the union or trying to organize one.
"Rockstar has just carried out the most blatant and ruthless act of union busting in the history of the games industry," Marshall said on the union’s website. He added, "This flagrant contempt for the law and for the lives of the workers who bring in their billions is an insult to their fans and the global industry."
Marshall also stated that despite the layoffs, the Rockstar Union would “keep organising for respect and better conditions” while still working hard to make games loved by millions.
Take-Two Interactive, Rockstar’s parent company, also denied the union’s claims. It said the firings were “for gross misconduct, and no other reason,” adding that it “fully supports Rockstar’s ambitions and approach.”
Related news
View AllTL;DR
- Leslie Benzies denies allegations linked to the so-called “Epstein Files.”
- Former Rockstar North president says claims are false and...
Drama
Feb 04, 2026
TL;DR
- Leslie Benzies accused of assault by Epstein victim.
- Sam Houser mentioned as aware of situation.
- No direct Epstein ties...
Drama
Feb 02, 2026
Rockstar Games has stepped up to grant early access to Grand Theft Auto 6 for a devoted fan facing terminal...
Drama
Jan 20, 2026
Rockstar Games today introduced the Cfx Marketplace a dedicated online store where players and server operators can purchase mods for...
Business
Jan 14, 2026
Rockstar Games has confirmed the firing of 31 staff members for "gross misconduct," following allegations that they had "distributed and...
Drama
Dec 12, 2025